Chewing on Poison!

When Sara* came to see me, she had frequent headaches, depression, low energy levels, and severe bloating. But her biggest concern at the time was her skin rashes that were getting worse by the day. They would appear mainly on her feet, preventing her from wearing shoes and walking comfortably. At times, the rashes would get so severe that they would ooze blood and pus. She tried many lotions and remedies, and even cortisone creams and antibiotics. But nothing worked.

“Why is this happening to me? I don’t smoke, I don’t drink, I eat fairly well, and I lead a very laid-back lifestyle!” She exclaimed.

I told her I suspected she was poisoned. “By what?” she asked.

“By the mercury amalgam fillings in your teeth,” I said.

She thought it was a ridiculous idea. After all, what do headaches, skin rashes and fatigue have to do with our teeth?

Silver Amalgam fillings

Silver amalgam teeth fillings contain 50% mercury. Mercury is the second most toxic element in nature (more toxic than arsenic) and many of us are chewing on it on a daily basis. It can seep into your body through the vapour produced when you chew on it or when you have hot drinks; it can also get into your body if your fillings leak or chip off, which happens very often.

If it’s toxic, why are we putting it in our teeth? In the past, many experts believed that mercury is only toxic when it is in liquid form, but research over the past few decades proved that it is also toxic when solid in the teeth.

That makes perfect sense, doesn’t it? After all, mercury is a well-known toxin that must be handled very carefully and even disposed of as toxic waste.

If you break a mercury thermometer, you must take very careful steps to avoid touching or inhaling it and you must dispose of it a certain way. In Norway, a recent law prohibits any dentist from using Mercury amalgam fillings. In some countries, there are even laws against cremating people who have mercury fillings because of the risk of toxic hazard.

Why are we chewing on it???

When I ask why it’s still used in this part of the world, the most common answer I get is that mercury lasts the longest in teeth, while white fillings fall out quicker. But is it a good thing that it lasts longer? Some adults have mercury fillings that date back to kindergarten; would you chew on toxic gum for that long?

The other common explanation is that it’s cheaper to use than any other teeth filling material. Why the dental industry is putting people’s lives in danger mainly for time and cost benefits is beyond me. But part of the blame also goes to the patients themselves. It’s time people took their health into their own hands and did their own research, especially when it involves inserting a foreign toxic substance into their mouth.

Is your mercury affecting you?

Mild mercury toxicity can cause fatigue, loss of concentration, depression, and headaches. But as mercury levels increase in the body, symptoms can grow to include menstrual irregularities, digestive problems, hair loss, and low immunity. It can affect the balance of minerals in the body, often showing up as white spots on the nails, which mark a deficiency in zinc.

A severe mercury toxicity can cause muscle aches and joint pains, memory loss, higher susceptibility to skin problems, severe depression and even insanity (as with the mad hatters disease). Mercury levels can even pass on from mother to child during pregnancy and cause learning delays such as attention deficit, speech problems, and even autism.

If you have mercury fillings in your teeth, you probably have mercury in your body.

The older the fillings, the higher the risk of toxicity due to the higher chance of leakage. But you can also get mercury from eating contaminated fish, such as tuna, or from taking mercury-preserved vaccines.

A hair test is a good way of measuring mercury levels in the body. It is a painless, non-invasive test that helps identify levels of toxic metals and mineral imbalances.

When Sara tested her hair for toxins, she discovered that her mercury levels were flying off the chart. So she rushed to her dentist. It turns out, she had nine fillings, many of which were put in when she was a little girl (she’s now in her 50s). In spite of that, her dentist told her that her fillings were ‘fine’ and that her health problems were ‘stress-related.’

Furious, I recommended a dentist in London who was more familiar with the effects of mercury and agreed to have them all replaced with white fillings. He tested her mercury levels and found them to be the highest he’s ever seen in his long career. Most of her fillings were leaking.

He even went a step further and sent her to a specialist who tested her toxins; they found that mercury levels in her body were so high that they were starting to affect the heart.

Sara agreed to replace all her fillings the same day. Her skin rashes started to recede almost immediately, and she was able to walk comfortably on her feet again.

Two weeks later, she reported feeling much happier, less bloated, and her headaches were a thing of the past. Today, her health continues to improve and she uses diet and supplements to boost her liver and detoxification system to speed up mercury removal from her body.

To sign up on my mailing list or to  book a detox workshop for your organisation, you can contact me through my website at www.AliaAlmoayed.com

One response to “Chewing on Poison!

  1. Pingback: Poison in your mouth | ALIA ALMOAYED's Blog

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s