It’s so true that you don’t appreciate your health until you lose it.
I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a low fever. I hate being unwell, but I guess I had it coming.
I was running on all 6 cylinders lately, pushing myself to the limit. And guess what? This is my body’s way of telling me to RELAX! I felt it coming yesterday when I went to the Garden Show and I was FREEEEZING! I know all indoor places around Bahrain tend to be cold with maximum air conditioning in the summer, but I think I was more cold than everyone else becasue of my upcoming fever..
So, I’m gonna go rest it off now, but before I do that I’ll give you a few hints as to what I take when I get sick.
None of the off-the-counter medications of course. That stuff just makes me shudder. Here’s a list of the things that I would take throughout the day today:
- Echinacea tea (sipped throughout the day)
- Probiotics capsules to re-populate the good bacteria to help me fight off the infection
- Raw honey mixed with garlic and apple cider vinegar (this stuff is magical)
- Vitamin C (up to 2000mg a day – but not more since I’m breastfeeding and it might give the baby loose bowels)
- Echinacea drops in water (3 times a day)
- Propolis lozenges (you can either buy those in health shops or get pure propolis from a local honey maker)
- I also put a few drops of tea tree oil in water and gargle with it every couple of hours
- Plenty of water
- Rest rest rest
- And most importantly, patience to wait it out. Sometimes a fever is a good sign that your immunity is up to par and it’s dealing with it.
Will keep you posted on how I’m doing over the next couple of days.
And I haven’t forgotten the ‘Pinky sauce’ recipe. It’s coming…. watch this space 🙂
If you haven’t done so already, sign up on my website to stay posted on regular health news. Click this link.