I got loads of replies to my ‘Wanna see what I eat?‘ post from last week saying that you want to have the home-made almond milk recipe. And I’m really glad about that because it’s absolutely delicious, easy to make, and raw!
You won’t believe how simple it is….
All you have to do is take one and a half cups of raw unroasted unsalted almonds and soak them in mineral water for at least 4 hours. I usually soak the almonds in the morning and make the milk before I go to bed.
Put the soaked almonds in the blender and add to them 3 cups of mineral water. And blend.
You can sweeten the almond milk to your liking while in the blender. I like to put two tsp. of natural honey. Or you can add 4-5 soft dates. Or you can also add some vanilla extract or cinnamon if you like.
Blend the mixture very well. Then sift it in a cheese cloth (or any cotton cloth) into a jug and put it in the fridge to chill. Most people throw out the almond residue that remains. But you can try using it for certain recipes or you can do what I do, use it as a scrub! Click here to find out how!
That’s it! Can you believe it?!
I love to have the almond milk on my muesli in the morning. Or you can add it to any recipe that requires regular milk as a great substitute. I even made a beautiful hot chocolate for my kids once with almond milk and pure organic cocoa powder; it was luscious!
You can control the ‘creaminess’ by increasing or reducing the water you add. Of course, it goes without saying that you’ll get more of the benefits of the almonds and their oils if you drink it unheated.
Leave your comment below and let me know what you think!
If you haven’t done it yet, sign up on my website now and I’ll send you weekly emails that will change your life! Click here
Here are answers to some of your questions from the comments below:
– The water you use is new water, not the water that the almonds have been soaked in.
– You can leave the skin on the almonds or remove them as you wish. I usually leave them on.
– How much of the almond milk you can drink will depend on your diet and health in general. I cannot tell you how much you should drink but I will tell you that it contains fats that are better than those found in milk, and it is also suitable for children.
– For all the other questions, I can only say that almond milk is what I personally have and would recommend. If you have a specific health condition, then you must seek professional advice that pertains to you.
– I am planning on holding a nutrition crash course soon, so if you’re interested in attending make sure you are on my mailing list so you’ll be the first to hear when I announce it. I will take a limited amount of people. To put your name on my email list, simply go to my website and fill in the form. It will take 3 seconds of your time.